Monday, July 12, 2010

Strawberries for our wedding anniversary

On our sixth wedding anniversary, Partner and I took Franklin to a strawberry farm to pick berries. Of course, baby Franklin is still too little to eat them, but he was quite happy to watch us pick them from his stroller. For about five minutes, that is. If one basket looks more full than the other, it's because Partner held Franklin and took photos while I continued picking: the slacker.

It was a warm day with the perfect combination of sun, cloud, and wind. After picking, we spread our picnic blanket under a shady tree and everyone got something lovely to eat (including the gnats; I'm still a bit itchy).

We picked 10 lbs of berries in total; this labor of love took only 45 minutes. I'm planning on making jam, as soon as I go shopping later today for some sugar and lemons. I'd better get on it quickly: two days later, I think we're down to 8 lbs. Once these berries rest safely in jars, I might like to go back, after a few weeks.

It wasn't incredibly romantic, but it was still lovely and a treat.

More photos, plus some garden pics here:

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/cosmicharley/Garden%20of%20Galadriel/July%202010/

2 comments:

Kim Zuch said...

That sounds romantic to me! That's a great picture of you! We have gnats here as well, they are a pain, but I don't seem to get bitten like other people do.

Gilbrides said...

I love the picture of you picking berries! How nice to have such a huge field to go pick from. Strawberries really are too yummy and irresistable to have sitting around without eating. I'd have to go back for more myself :)