Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Flower arranging and undies

What a year for roses. Some of my newest additions (four years old maybe?) have this year taken off, along with the rest of the rose population.
Also pictured is a jug of feverfew. I bought this jug at a charity shop. It's my favorite flower receptacle. I even have a painting of it hung on my stairway.
I painted it also about four years ago (didn't sign or date it, though).

I made some underwear for Franklin out of an old pair of pajama bottoms and elastic (saved from when Partner threw out a bunch of holey old underwear). I simply cut a chunk of pajama leg off, cut out a crotch at the bottom and sewed a little strip into it (to make it more form-fitting), and sewed an elastic band around the waist. Simple. I didn't bother hemming them--the material is jersey, so it won't fray. I've made six pairs, but I know he needs at least twice that amount.

We've left behind his cloth diapers and are going into full-time undie usage. For the past two days, this has meant a lot of wet undies.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I had a dream about you last night! I couldn't really sleep and I had been reading your older blog posts yesterday...so I was "remembering" the letters we used to write back and forth when I was in Vernal and Logan and you were in Hawaii. I hadn't thought of that for a while now and I'm glad I did :) Also I'm glad I can read your comments on my post now!

Gilbrides said...

Great job on the undies! I definitely know about needing a LOT of undies because they are constantly getting wet or soiled. Best of luck in toilet training! (I'd send you all my patience, but I still need mine) :)