Tuesday, November 25, 2008


Just a quick one to catch up. I'll be going back home at the end of the week, and until then I'll be away from the internet. In some ways it's very relaxing being beyond the net, but I prefer to keep up with some essential things, especially my schoolwork. I never got that last assignment finished before I left, but it's done now, and within the due date.

Here's a picture of a place we went hiking last week. It's in the Grand Escalante Staircase National Monument. The best way I can describe it is the Narrows. That little stream looks tiny now, but in the spring, it fills up the narrows with water maybe twenty feet high or higher. We could see where rocks, sand, and logs had been swept up high in the cliffs. The narrows themselves were carved out of sandstone by that little stream. It was certainly awe-inspiring. I'll see if I can upload the rest of the pictures when I get home.

No comments: