Saturday, April 23, 2005

Chapter Three, Section Five

My Favorite:

  • Color: bright, vibrant red
  • Book: My Name Is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok
  • Flower: tulips, any color
  • Winnie-the-Pooh character: Rabbit, the quintessential irrational perfectionist
  • Food: although it varies quite often, I am going through an Indian craze now
  • Composer: JS Bach
  • Piece of equipment in the kitchen: my brand-new red Kitchenaid mixer
  • Room in my house: the backyard--it's a room!
  • Final Fantasy game: IX; great visuals, great soundtrack, great story; but I'm playing X-2 to death at the moment
  • Piece of equipment at the gym: ski machine
  • Confection: Belgian chocolates
  • Gemstone: ruby
  • Piece of equipment in the office: stapler

Yesterday was a beautiful day outside (as is today) so when I got home from work I set about making a fancy tea for us to eat. I set up our little table and chairs outside next to the pond and dressed it and put a vase of flowers on it. Then I made a tray of sandwiches: egg salad and salmon horseradish; a cheese and cracker plate with grapes; a coffeecake; and of course a big pot of tea. Partner was very surprised when he got home, and I felt very proud of myself for getting it all done.

After our tea, we dug over one of our flowerbeds and planted two kinds of flowers. We've had three very nice sunny days in a row, and I'm taking advantage of it as much as possible. Maybe next month we'll be eating outside every night, admiring our flowerbeds.

No comments: