Monday, January 15, 2007

For more

My house is such a mess right now. I feel so ashamed. I should just get down and clean it. I mean, it's really not that hard. Though I think part of the problem is the lack of storage. British houses just aren't built with closets. We have a total of two closets in the house: one built in, under the stairs, and one Partner and his dad built into a nook in the spare bedroom. So our clothes and shoes and vacuum cleaner and broom have a place to live. But everything else just kind of migrates. Other storage solutions include a small file cabinet, an extra dresser, a blanket box, and a display cabinet. So for instance, I really don't have a place to store my art supplies. They just kind of hang out wherever I last used them. And my crocheting projects? They stayed in the attic for a while, but I don't like the attic because I can't reach it on my own. Partner has to open it for me. Actually I've never really been in the attic, just half-way up the ladder. It's not my kind of place. Partner keeps some stuff up there, but what exactly that stuff is I'm not sure.

Partner isn't that much taller than me. I think maybe two inches at most. And I'm pretty tall when it comes to it. I generally give my height as 5'8" though I think I get up to 5'10" with moderate heels. The nurse at my last physical measured me as 1.75m while wearing my shoes. That's 5'10". And hey, I just weighed myself for the first time in ages and I've gone down to 145# which is a loss of about ten pounds total from this time two years ago when I started this blog. But I'm still as soft and squidgy as ever. What I really want is to be able to fit into my old skirts that I'm hanging onto for some perverse reason. I have a gorgeous little burnt orange suede number that I haven't been able to wear since before I got married. But I think if I continue on this path of weight loss, in two more years it'll fit perfectly.

No comments: