Friday, February 16, 2007

In dark

We got our snow but very little of it. I think at most it was half an inch. In some parts of the country they got a lot. I wanted a lot. I wanted to make a snowman. But the next day it turned to rain and all washed away. My daffodils are still going strong. Six are open now.

Partner's black eye now looks like normal though he says he still has vision problems. He jokes that when the ball hit him, another player called, "Keep your eye on the ball," and he thought it literally was. Ouchies.

For Valentine's Day we made ourselves eggs Benedict for breakfast and then later on I made us some really yummy brownies. I have the most fantastic recipe that makes the gooeyist, softest, delectable not-too-sweet-or-bitter brownies ever.

My Super Special Brownies


4 ounces dark chocolate

1/2 pound butter

4 eggs

1 & 3/4 cup sugar

1 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup flour

3/4 cup chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, caramel chips, etc (optional)

---

In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate together on the lowest possible heat, stirring often. Set aside to cool.

In a medium bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla until slightly frothy. Add the cooled chocolate mixture.

Add the salt and flour and nuts/chips and stir till completely mixed.

Bake in a greased 9" tin at 325F for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out almost clean. Let cool before eating.

---


In my oven it actually takes more like 40 minutes, but my oven is picky. The recipe written as it is calls for 20-25 minutes. So keep a close eye on it. I don't actually add nuts or anything to my brownies; I love them plain. And the toothpick should come out just a little sticky. Not dripping, but a little bit of goo. Trust me, it'll be perfect.

(Postscript: I don't know why the above recipe is spaced so widely. I tried to narrow it down, but it's either all in one paragraph or as it stands. This new blog format is warped.)

No comments: