Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Published

Partner got hit by a pitch twice at his baseball game this weekend and came home with a huge bruise and a bad limp. This morning, two days later, we got up early and went to the emergency room at the hospital to have it x-rayed. It's not fractured just badly bruised. He thinks he can see the stitching from the ball on his leg and thinks it's cool. I'm not too sure.

My lettuces are still free from slug bites, and now I feel a little more confident about them surviving. I had nine little onions planted out but one seems to have run away and I'm left with eight. And trays upon trays of little seedlings all waiting to be planted out. I have so many trays I'm not sure what is what anymore. Some got labeled and some didn't, so I'll play a guessing game when it's time to plant outside.

I'm settling into my work schedule for the most part. Technically I work three days a week, but it is more like having a week on then a week off. I'll work Saturday to Thursday with one day off, then am off Friday to Friday with one day on. Plenty of playtime. This week is the off week so I don't work again for four days. And I think I'm getting into my work routine pretty well. I've actually finished on time this past week. Since I started I've been staying an extra half an hour or so every day because I had too many things to finish. I can hardly leave for the day if the floors aren't cleaned or if there are dirty dishes still. And normally I don't mind staying, since it's still early afternoon and half an hour more isn't much. I hated staying late at my old job, which I had to quite a bit. I would be scheduled to leave at 8.30 in the evening, but wouldn't usually finish till 8.45 or even 9.00. I was always really tired and hungry and ready to go home.

No comments: