Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Gold orchid


My first daffodil flowered yesterday but it is likely to snow tomorrow. I hope the rest will be ok. These past several days have been very sunny but cold with a hard frost at night. Not much to do garden-wise in these conditions so I've actually gone and done a painting. Hard to believe, I know, but I saw my yellow orchid in the window with the sunlight streaming over her and was inspired. I had planned on painting my white orchid at some point--she's so delicate and pretty, but the effect of the shadow and light on the yellow one really struck me. I scanned it but am not pleased with the quality of the scan. Though I guess it gives some idea.

Partner's softball excursion last weekend ended in tragedy. He's been to a total of three different hospitals and has a huge black eye. He says he got hit with the ball but it looks like a very disreputable injury. Luckily they don't think they'll have to amputate. I won't comment on the amount of times he's been to the emergency room compared to the times he's played sports. He asked for suggestions on alternate sports he could play: less dangerous sports. I suggested competitive gardening. So he told me I'm not allowed to make facetious remarks until he can roll his eyes again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your painting is lovely! Oh and for your information, I'm not a stalker :-) I find your spirit uplifting and your writing pleasant.

Poor Partner. I know that this is an old blog, but has his luck improved? I guess I'll find out as I read on. I find this like a good book I can't put down. All your ups and downs the joys and the love that you and Partner share is very uplifting :-) Thank you for sharing your life with the world.

I've had a hard time of it these last few months and the last several weeks have been so very hard to get through. Stumbling across your blog accidentally and reading it has really helped more than you could ever know. Thank you. I hope you will continue to write always!