Friday, April 09, 2010

I tried popping the baby in his stroller yesterday in order to take advantage of some glorious sunshine. He didn't much like it, but in between the screams I managed to weed a little, stake some plants, and deadhead a few daffodils. Two whole loads of laundry also went out on the line. It was lovely. Today is similar in temperature and sunnyness and instead of risking another stroller failure, I went for the sling. He was happy to sleep in it while I planted out my broad beans. Fingers crossed the slugs don't annihilate them.

My mother was very industrious while she was here and did a lot of weeding, pruning, and planting. My garden looks ten times better than when she first arrived. She also bought me a beautiful yellow rhododendron; I can't wait for it to flower.

Our Easter involved too much chocolate and a puking baby. No, I didn't give him any; Partner ate his egg. But we surmise the chocolate milk disagreed with him so I'm only allowed one piece per day. Bummer.


1 comment:

Gilbrides said...

Glad you were able to get some gardening in. Also, how nice to have your Mom come and help---Moms are so wonderful!! Sorry to her about Franklin spitting up. I had to give up all dairy the first 3 months of both my daughters lives. It's so hard!!