Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Chapter Two, Section Two

Yesterday was Valentine's Day and although I didn't have a lot planned, I thought a nice dinner at home followed by some cuddling by candlelight would be romantic. However, when my dear husband got home from work he presented me with a lovely bouquet of roses and carnations proclaiming, "I cad't kiss you; I'b god a cold." So much for my romantic evening! I wasn't too disappointed however, seeing as I hadn't gone to much trouble. I had only got home about an hour and a half before he did and had just barely got the house tidied up and the dinner on. I laughed when I saw his poor red nose but I wasn't laughing at him. I was laughing at myself for having my romantic plans shot down.

I'm not a very romantic person. I think I'm very practical and pretty straight forward. I might be a woman, but that doesn't mean I'm always thinking of white knights and castles in the sky. I think my husband is more romantic than I am. It's definitely unusual for me to plan a cozy evening for just the two of us. Generally I'm happy to have dinner at home and then sit and gab, or have fun playing music and singing, or watch a movie. Since I'm kind of a food snob, I only like eating out if it's Eastern cuisine like Indian or Chinese. (I think I cook better than most restaurants, but I don't really know how to cook Eastern cuisine.)

The best times I have with my partner are not when we're cuddling on a bearskin rug in front of a fire with Bruch playing in the background. Most important to me is our time spent working together in the garden, or talking about our future, or leaving for work looking forward to seeing each other that night.

No comments: