Friday, March 31, 2006

Manchester tart

After work today I had the energy and the motivation to go out in my garden. I haven't done hardly any gardening because of aforementioned job, but that's all in the past. Last year I was a gardening fiend and I have loads to catch up on this spring. My mother-in-law suggested I plant more shrubs and perennials but personally I love annuals and flowerbeds. I love picking fresh flowers for vases in the house. I think our yard would be classified as a cottage garden. Informal with gallons of flowers growing willy-nilly.

Here's the tally so far:

  • Sweetpeas (planted out)
  • Cosmos (planted)
  • Cornflowers
  • Marigolds (planted)
  • Zinnias
  • Nicotiana (planted)
  • Tomatoes
  • Nemophilia (planted)
  • Carrots
  • Godetia (planted)
  • Fennel
  • Larkspurs (planted)
  • Lettuce (planted)
  • Bergamot (planted)
  • Lavendar (planted)
  • Snapdragons (planted)
  • Onions (planted out)
  • Aubretia
Today I planted out some seedlings and pulled a few weeds. My gardening duties this year have expanded to include picking up dog poo. And throwing various toys for dogs to play with. And relieving dogs of toys they are not allowed to play with, for example my gardening gloves. Have I mentioned how helpful the dog is when it comes to gardening?

No comments: