Monday, March 20, 2006

Or a caterpillar

My father-in-law is up staying with us while we do home improvements. So far wallpaper has been put up, and wall tiles have come down. I hated those wall tiles. They were so cheap looking and ugly. They were ceramic, but they covered the entire room floor to ceiling. And they weren't squares, they were long rectangles. And they had the stupidest outdated cloud pattern printed on them. Printed, I tell you. If you looked closely you could see the pixels. I always thought I liked ceramic tiles, but in this country they make em ug-lee. We had absolutely disgusting ones in the kitchen as well. I guess they were supposed to be stone-effect tiles, because they were jagged and pitted but they were a nightmare to clean and they kept cracking because they had been laid badly. I never had a look up close to them as they were on the floor, but I wouldn't be suprised if they were pixelated as well.

So our spare bedroom is pink with one wall papered with stripy wallpaper. It has an closet but no doors on it yet. And the floorboards will be sanded and varnished. It will be lovely.

Our bathroom is kind of a peacock blue at the moment, with one wall bare. We took out the shower as it was leaking badly and now have a tub/shower. We plan on putting in cupboards where the shower was. And attempting to sand and varnish the floorboards, but they have seen a lot of abuse so we might have to put down linoleum. Our bathroom is absolutely huge. We should put up a disco ball on the ceiling and hold dances in there.

I think that's all the home improvements we're doing this time around. Floors sanded/varnished, closet doors made. Doesn't sound too bad, does it?

No comments: