Sunday, January 31, 2010

The past several days and nights have been beautifully clear, with almost no clouds in the sky. Cold, of course, but the snow is completely gone, thank goodness. I took this picture of the moon above the trees last night; I adjusted the levels of light on my computer (using PAINT.net) to distinguish the trees from the dark sky behind. It might be possible to adjust the light meter manually on the camera--I may have to look into it.

I asked Partner if my last post was inflammatory but he said no. Granted, he had a migraine when I asked him...

As it's the last day of January, I have only today to finish my goals for the month. I did manage to crochet a full baby blanket, and am nearly finished piecing together a second. I'm so disappointed I did not have the opportunity to knit a pair of socks. But I've been really good about walking the dog (pretty much five days a week), have submitted both assignments, and sat down to the piano regularly. And I swear I will organize my kitchen cupboards tonight. Right after I finish cooking Sunday lunch, make more granola, and do the laundry. I've promised myself to take weekends off, and not do any studying or housewife-y stuff. Yeah. Like that's going to happen.

Partner asked if we could have some ready-made food in the fridge--things to snack on that are filling and tasty. I think what he wants (and what I'd prefer) are cold deli foods like quiche, pasta salad, potato salad, deviled eggs, etc. The only restriction on these items are that they must be home-made. Two reasons for this: a)it's cheaper, and b)it's a far superior quality. Therefore I'm looking for ideas of deli foods I can make that aren't too time-consuming. This week I made both a huge Greek-style pasta salad (the kind with fresh vegetables, olives, and vinaigrette), and a broccoli and cheese quiche. Much as we both have enjoyed eating these, I can't very well make the same thing time and time again. Any ideas?

2 comments:

Kim Zuch said...

I like what you said about home-cooked snacks being of a higher quality than store-bought. I like to go out once in a while but when I bring it up to my boyfriend he says I can cook better than any restaurant in Moab--high praise! And Moab restaurants are overpriced anyway. I can e-mail you some recipes I like--but pasta salad is still one of my favorites!

Gilbrides said...

Great job on getting everything done. I remember having a hard time feeling motivated to do much in those last few weeks. :)

I don't have a lot of great recipes, but if you want, I can email them to you. Do you mind sending me your email?